Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day Nine-Thousand Eight-Hundred and Sixty-Six

This last Friday we celebrated my 9866th day on earth with:

  1. A stupendous Café Rio meal
  2. A super-stupendous Chocolate Cake
  3. Super-de-duper-stupendous Blue-Bell Ice Cream
  4. Avoiding a potential disaster at work
From a pure time involvement point of view, I actually spend most of my day on item 4 – but I’m not looking for any pity. When the issue got resolved I felt so good it was like a present. A project I worked on two years ago is currently in construction, and someone noticed there might have been a key flaw in my work. Construction was halted, and I got a call Thursday night. So I started Friday with a sick feeling, but by the afternoon I was feeling better because it turned out I did the work right. I also got some great help from a good friend in my group. Go team!

I came home from work feeling great about life to my beautiful wife, handsome son, and birthday feast. I even got to go to bed early. Life is good.

Sunday Jason and Nicole came over for additional celebration. Sydney and Dean are about the cutest people in the world. I’m a huge fan of having family here in Houston with us.

Jenny suggested I should write 27 things I’m grateful for (In honor of being 27 years old):
  1. My lovely wife who always takes good care of me
  2. Dean
  3. The Gospel of Jesus Christ
  4. My three brothers (The ones who taught me skills in the art of hand-to-hand combat)
  5. My other five brothers and five sisters, who are exceedingly awesome
  6. Parents and all they taught me
  7. My job, which I really enjoy and treats me well
  8. The United States of America, the Nation of Texas, and the State of Utah
  9. The three Laws of Thermodynamics
  10. Brigham Young University and my college degree
  11. The good health me and my family have enjoyed
  12. My new gym membership, and my good friend Mark who worked out with me for the last year to help me get in better shape
  13. Oil
  14. Computers
  15. Our garage, which I may like more than our house
  16. Power tools, and that things you can make with them
  17. Friends
  18. The English Language, and all the beautiful things that have been written in it
  19. Engineers
  20. Google (which is a synonym for information)
  21. Phones – and the thousands of miles they bridge
  22. When Dean growls
  23. Ice cream (which is a synonym for happiness)
  24. Plastic
  25. Air conditioning, which makes living in Texas possible
  26. The meals Jenny makes for me
  27. That my family is eternal

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Awww! I'm so glad you had a great birthday James! I agree about those darling babies! Of course Tessa and Sophie are the cutest bigger kids! I really enjoyed your list!

Jessica said...

You are so funny. Did you put your birthday in days hoping we wouldn't figure out how old you are? Well I figured it out, 27. Happy birthday!!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Cafe Rio... oh how I miss it! Happy Birthday!!