I have spent most of my life at an exceptionally good fitness level. I was a competitive gymnast for my youth, then a dancer -- several hours a day dancer --, a runner, and a triathelete. James effectively killed my good habits. Apparently he is more fun than the gym :) Since having Dean I've been remaking those old exercise habits.
One month ago I started ChaLEAN Extreme. At least, I started the workouts. (I believe in happiness; therefore, I do not believe in diets.) It is a 90 day program that focuses on building muscle. I chose this program because it fits my exercise goals very well. A look in the mirror was sufficient proof that I had approximately 0 lbs muscle mass. Chalene promised me amazing results. I am only 1/3 of the way done, but here we are:
I lost ZERO lbs.
I lost ZERO inches.
Disappointed? Well, I think I look fitter and James agrees. Luckily we took some measurements with the fat calipers. The truth is I lost 3 lbs of fat and replaced them with muscle. I didn't loose any inches, but I lost some volume :) We'll see what the next month does for me.
I also took a "fit test". When I started, I could do 11 push ups. Now I can do 16. Just for reference-- when I was a gymnast, I could do 40+ (and I was just as heavy back then). Well see how close Chalene can get me to past fitness levels.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Exercise is good.
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 1:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
1. I think you look great - the pounds and inches mean nothing.
2. I hardly think it is fair to blame my extreme awesomeness for any change in habits.
I think that you look amazing! I was sore for a week after attempting to do part of one of those workouts with you! Nice work!
Gotta love that name, ChaLEAN! Exercise is good and makes me so happy. I am glad you found a way to fit it into your new-ish life. Those calipers are pretty sweet! It's not like you had any weight to lose anyway silly girl. But getting stronger is so practical.
I've seen the ads for that program. INTENSE! Way to go! :)
Post a Comment