I just found out that another one of my high school friends is getting divorced. I had two reactions. First, it just breaks my heart to hear that she's going through -- and has been through -- such pain. Second, it makes me feel super grateful for my sweet husband. James is unfailingly kind and patient with me. He takes me to the temple. He loves me. Who could ask for more?
We are very, very blessed to have Dean. I love him so much!
We are fortunate that James has a good job. I feel rich. (I've noticed something about feeling rich vs. feeling greedy. I tend to feel greedy when I only spend time with people as or more affluent than us. On the flip side, if I spend some time visiting the poor, needy people around, I feel nothing but rich. There's plenty of people richer and poorer than us, so I'll just consider myself rich.)
I am so glad that we are healthy.
I am glad that our families are awesome and supportive.
I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am grateful that Heavenly Father answers my prayers.
This list could go on and on... Anyway, I am grateful.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Be Grateful
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 11:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am grateful for you! How's Dean doing? Is he back to his sweet cheerful self?
That is a great way to look at things! I always think, as long as we have what we need we are rich.
Sure love you Jenny. I'm grateful for your friendship and I'm glad that you are doing so well.
Way to be Jenny!
I don't know if it is me or not that you are referring too, but I just went through a divorce. My husband decided he didn't want kids or church anymore and left.
You are right though- there are so many things to be grateful for. Even in the midst of heartache, I find things everyday that show the Lord is watching out for me. We get caught up in the horrible things rather than looking at the good that surrounds us.
I am glad that you find gratitude in the simple things of your life. Those are the things that will bring us true happiness!
Post a Comment