Monday, October 25, 2010

Call me Crazy

I've had some "you're crazy" looks lately, and I expect many more as the news gets out.

What news? The BEST news.

That's right. I'm pregnant. Baby Kendall is Due May 31st.

We had an ultrasound last week. There is only 1 baby. Whew! I'd been having nightmares. He's an adorable little thing with arm and leg stubs that wave like crazy, a heart beating super fast, and some sweet Kuzco-style, body-wiggling dance moves. I call him "he" because that's what I guess he is and I don't want to call him "it".

The reason for the crazy looks is that Dean isn't quite 1 yet. Dean will be 18 or 19 months old when baby is born. Why do I feel the need to have another baby so quickly? it was just time. Ya'll are more likely to understand that than my OB. She was pretty cool about it, but it did take her a few seconds to recover from the "you're crazy" look. She's just not the sort of person to expect patients to come in with spiritual reasons for offspring. I didn't even try to explain.

My Ellis relatives might be thinking "what's weird about babies 18 months apart?". I am an Ellis girl. It isn't unusual for us to pop babies out with less-than-2-year regularity and keep going for decades. I am my mother's daughter. It's nice to be part of that club. Although, I'm not sure how long I can live up to the reputation. So far this pregnancy hasn't been much trouble. I'm 9 weeks along. I haven't been ill outside of some headaches and general fatigue. I guess I have it easier than most people. I'll keep you updated.

16 comments:

Chapples said...

No crazy looks here! That is awesome wonderful news! I wish I could be preggo, pregnancy is a true miracle of life! You are a great mom, and Dean will love having a little brother/sister so close in age!!! Congrats!! So happy for the three of you, soon to be four of you!!!

mommaquincy said...

Crazy? Who wouldn't want a house full of little Deans? I know I do! I'm so happy for you! Now to figure out when to arrive...

Erika Ellis said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats

Miss J. said...

Congratulations! That's really exciting for you! I'm glad things are going well.

Ambs said...

Woah! That's not what I was expecting! I saw the title and thought "Cool. Jenny finally realized she's crazy" haha... just kidding sweety, you're awesome! Congrats!
I can't wait til we feel like it's our time to do the same :)

Kristin said...

No crazy looks here either. I really think that 18 months is a good span for the first two. I may change my mind when we actually have two, we will see. I am so excited for you. Congratulations

Jessica said...

You're not crazy. We're so happy for you! Children truly are a gift from God.
I also had my OB tell me I was crazy, not just a look, she actually said it just like that, "you are crazy." We are a peculiar people aren't we? Different it good.

Muffy said...

Congrats!!! I don't think you are crazy at all because my brother and I are 13 months apart. I hope your pregnancy continues to go well and without complication!

Anne said...

Great news! Our second grandchild is on the way! Let us know when Mommaquincy is going to be there and we will come before or after. It will be so fun to have the two little Kendalls.

The Sills said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Hope that you have a good pregnancy so you can keep up with cute Dean.

Stephen Stacey said...

OK.

You're crazy.

Anonymous said...

One of my fellow student spouses here in the Cornell student branch had a doctor at the Cornell Health Center say, "Oh... I'm sorry. Looks like you ARE pregnant. Should we look into abortion options?" She did a double take when my friend said, "WHAT??? NO!!! I WANT this baby!"

THAT is what is crazy. An awful kind of crazy...

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! That's great!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

You're cute Jenny:) I'm so happy for you. You are such a good Mommy; Dean and little baby #2 are lucky to have you.

steve and aida said...

Hooray for being an Ellis girl! Lots of babies make a happy house! I guess that does sound a little crazy. No really--Anyone who says so just doesn't know what they are missing.

Mary said...

Hurray! I love to be in league with crazies like you! Hope the pregnancy goes smoothly. Post the ultrasound pictures next time!
Lots of love from the Yangs