Thursday, February 10, 2011

Update

James:

James has been into finance lately. He just read a couple books about personal finance and investing. He'd LOVE to talk to you about what he learned, so feel free to ask. We also refinanced our house this morning. He's been pretty pleased with how it all came off.
He's had a cold for a little while-- I think he got it from Dean.

Jenny:

Still pregnant... I'm 24 weeks now. Into maternity clothes. I just love watching Dean all day. He's hilarious. For example, this morning I needed to change his diaper, but he had other ideas. He has to do laps with his wagon back-and-forth in the living room every day and he wasn't finished yet. He wouldn't let go, just lifted the wagon right up with him when I picked him up (the wagon is as big as he is). It was pretty comical to look at. At least I thought so.
I got released from being in the Primary presidency and am now teaching the sunbeams. I love sunbeams, so this will be fun.

Dean:

Dean is 15 months old and on antibiotics for the first time with his first ear infection. I've only given him two doses, and he's already feeling a lot better. Not eating quite as much as normal, but he did do his wagon laps this morning. One of my favorite things he does is monologue. He definitely wants me to listen as me mumbles away for a minute. Generally he concludes with some fake laughing. He's walking really well and goes up and down stairs without trouble.

Baby Girl:

Is seriously in need of a name. I know this will shock you, but James and I have different opinions about names. We like a few of the same ones, but this is kinda stressful for me. I want to have a few months to let a name sit and roll around in my subconscious to make sure I want to permanently bestow it on an innocent little girl. James HATES thinking about names. It's a huge and painful event when I force him... sigh. We'll get there.
More importantly she seems to be growing. I'm gaining weight right on schedule-- which I hope means she is. She twirls around and kicks me regularly.

In summary:

Life is good for the Kendalls.

5 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I already thought James knew everything about taking care of money! You both are so good about budgeting, etc. An ear infection, eh? No wonder he was waking up at night! Is there a kind of yogurt he'll be able to eat? I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect name for you little girl. I'm excited to see Dean's new stair climbing skills in a couple of days!

Moonsahra said...

I laughed at the bit about names. It is a bit stressful, isn't it?!? I'm sure you will figure out a great name for your little one. Hopefully you'll figure out earlier than we did for Rosalie. We decided the day we left the hospital because we didn't want to leave without having something for the birth certificate!

Kristin said...

Daniel didn't really like discussing names either, but if I caught him at just the right moment he was really into it and he was actually the one that came up with Aurora. You'll get there. Congratulations on being over half way. Does it seem to be going faster or slower with the second one?

Anne said...

If we had had a girl, she would still not have a name. I liked Shannon but Rod did not want an unisex name. Even with boy names it was a little hard. When Grant was born we went to the hospital with 2 lists. We both had a fairly long list and there were no names on my list that were on Rod's list. When Grant was born, Rod looked at him and said he looks like Uncle Grant. I liked it so that is what we named him. Grant was not on either of the original lists. You may need to just wait and see what she looks like and what feels right.

Any yogurt is probably OK. Read the label but it would be rare for them to put gluten in yogurt.

Anne said...

I just checked my yogurt. It is Yoplait and is labeled as gluten free. I bought it at Costco but it is a common brand I think. I have never been too concerned about yogurt but I guess there are some brands out there that use modified food starch which would be a problem.