Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Testimony

Hello friends and family,

Happy Easter! I feel like this time is a good time to share my testimony. I’ve been reading the New Testament lately and I finished the four gospels recently. I read four accounts of the life, ministry and Atonement of Jesus Christ. How little I understand of his sacrifice, power, and life. I do have a testimony of Him. I hope to understand him better as I continue to study, pray, and attend church. I know that God loves us with a love that is all encompassing. We can all feel and lean on that love if we pray in humility and seek for it. Feeling that love has changed my life. I always want to have it because I am never truly happy or peaceful without it. No sorrow or pain cannot be comforted by it. I know that through the Atonement we can be healed and forgiven—healed of all sorts of hurts – miraculously cured of our desire to sin. I cannot think of a more potent miracle than seeing the change that occurs in me when I turn to the Lord and repent. We really can become a new person and leave the weaknesses, addictions, and anger behind.

I know that the Book of Mormon is a source of truth. That book has changed my life. Through the words and stories God has answered my prayers. When I study daily I am closer to my Savior and much more able to feel His love for me.

I love the temple. I imagine I will feel in heaven like I do when I am in the temple. It is a place of peace. I can more easily comprehend the gospel in that holy place because I leave the things of the world at the door. The temple is a place where things are done God’s way and taught in God’s way. It is not like anything that men do. I love the peace that I feel there and I have always loved it. I go as often as I can.

We are so blessed by the great plan of happiness that Heavenly Father has made for us. I am glad that I can have my family forever. I love them a lot.

It is wonderful to be able to say that Jesus Christ lives! He overcame all the pain, all the sin, and even death. Now we have nothing to fear if we can only apply the power of the Atonement in our lives.

I hope that you enjoy your Easter and think of the Savior and his Atonement, Crucifixion, and Resurrection as you celebrate.

Jenny

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Thanks Jen! I love hearing your testimony! Its almost like having you here for the Easter Bash! You are such a special daughter to me and Our Heavenly Father! We both love you!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony Jen. I wish I could say that I've read the New Testament through. I have been reading Jesus the Christ and would totally recommend it! It really delves deep into the Savior's life and has strengthened my testimony of Christ immensely. Love you!

Anne said...

Thanks Jenny. I am so glad you are the wife of my son and the mother of my grandchildren. We are all truly blessed.

ellisgomez said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing :)