Monday, May 2, 2011

My husband, the Hero


This happens to be the only picture I've taken of James lately, but it is pretty cute. Dean loves his Dad. In fact "Dad" is one of the top five words he likes to say. I'm getting pretty hugely pregnant which is a little uncomfortable. I think I've been pretty cranky lately -- (I made some goals to improve yesterday. Yay for church!) James has been really helpful and sweet through it all. Saturday he washed and folded 7 loads of laundry! He's mopped for me a couple times and even gone to the grocery store (he really hates that). He stayed home with Dean on Sat. so I could go to a baby shower that some of the ward ladies threw for me. It was so fun! and I felt refreshed after a few hours away from my usual responsibilites. Thanks James, Jessica, and Michelle and everyone who came! On another note, he's been going to the gym 6 days a week as part of his triathlon training plan. He signed up for a sprint triathlon at the end of August and he's pretty excited. I'm happy for him and glad that he appears to be really enjoying his training. I love him. Thanks James.

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow. With Dean I kinda wished I had a picture of the end of my pregnancy so I could remember just how big I got. This is my blurry attempt to take one today. Maybe I'll remember when James is home sometime.

At my doctor's appointment on Friday I was 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced (with Dean at this point I was 1-2 cm dialated and 50% effaced). Last week on Wed the baby dropped some and I had a night-time nesting episode, both of which happened at about this time in my last pregnancy. My timing with these early indicators that I'm preparing for delivery is very similar to last pregnancy which I hope means that my delivery will be roughly the same timing, too. Dean was born at 36 and a half weeks. I'd actually prefer if this little girl waited a week longer than that, but anything is better than if she waits past 39. My doctor expects her to come in the next week or two. I'd like that since I think that my body wasn't made to handle really big babies, and a C-section would be completely awful with all my stairs and Dean.

My cousin Amanda was in Houston Easter Weekend. Here's the picture we took as proof. It was really fun to visit with her. Living in Houston has made it difficult for us to spend time with all of our cousins, since out UT time is swallowed up with immediate family (mostly). Anyway, we love having visitors!
Thanks goodness my Mom is on top of things like Easter. I'm definitely not. All James and I got was Day-after-half-off Easter candy, but Dean got a couple toys from Grandma. This train is his favorite. (sorry, I can never get him to smile for the camera.)

Just thought I'd share this video because it shows Dean as he is in the morning. He's just so excited for a new day. Like he's ready to discover things and so he takes off at a run. My heart swells up every morning when he runs his little toddler run. I love the pitter-patter of his feet.

I took the video to show how funny he is about cleaning. He really likes to be given a dish rag to that he can clean things and he plays with the Swiffer mop all the time.

3 comments:

Erika Ellis said...

Yep, you have the cutest family! I'm so excited to hear how the next couple weeks go for you. We are excited for you!

mommaquincy said...

You really did marry a good guy! Dean and so cute with his dad! You do look like you are about ready for delivery! I hope its 2 more weeks! Dean is very cute in the morning. I love his onesie tail. Just can't hold still long enough to get snapped up, right?

Nicole said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got your shower this time!