Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Not so Bad

20 days to the due date! I made it past the 37 (full term) marker, too. With Dean I didn't make it this far into pregnancy, so I didn't know what to expect. Actually I was expecting to be more uncomfortable than ever, but that hasn't been the case. I feel better than I did a month ago. What a pleasant surprise! I'm sleeping pretty good, and able to do everything I need to. I was feeling kinda impatient, but I realized that I was just bored. An outing to the park and a date plan are helping a lot. Maybe we'll make it to the beach this weekend. I have a funny kind of spring fever. I'm just dying to climb a mountain and see the stars. A month or two ago I'd been fantasizing about a killer workout -- you know, some serious lifting. I even cheated on my pregnancy diet this week and ate feta cheese. It's never tasted so good. I guess you don't know how much you like things until you can't have them for a while.
The worst part-- I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm so good at it-- is that I'm just so HUGE. I can hardly believe that I'm growing out of my maternity clothes. I have to watch what I'm wearing to make sure it actually covers my belly. Seriously humiliating. I might have to spend week 38 in James T-shirts.
By the way, last week I didn't make any progress as far as effacing and dialating. Could be this girl wants to hang in there till the end.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I guess she will come when she gets good and ready. Glad you are feeling well. The last month can be a real drag.

mommaquincy said...

You'd better get another picture! I can't believe you are that big! I hope that you get to go on your date and then have a baby right after! I hope Dean is better by Friday!

Chapples said...

That's awesome to hear, feeling better than last month! Great! Hope it keeps going great for you all the way to the end!

Jessica said...

A belly shot would have gone perfect with this post; but I appreciate the update anyway. :) I think shoul should go the beach and climb a mountain this weekend! What a great idea. Can I come?
By the way, eventhough Tessa was only 1 week later than Sophie I felt like it was FOREVER. But, I wanted to tell you, that I dilated only to a 1 the day before I had Sophie and was 4+ for a over a week with Tessa! So I don't think cervical change is a good indicator. I'm just sayin'.
Love you Jen!

mommaquincy said...

My comment isn't here! does that mean I didn't do it right? I am really expecting she'll come by Monday, but kids have a way of doing the unexpected! I agree with Jess that we need that last belly shot!