This was the first true vacation we've taken since we became parents. My mom (THANK YOU!) babysat the kids for a few days and James and I went to Austin. We had a fantastic time. Even the drive felt like a break because we weren't keeping anybody happy, fed, clean, etc. Here's some highlights:
The lake walk down town. Lake Travis goes right through downtown and there's this fantastic trail.
We went to see Barton Pool. it was very cold, in the morning we skipped rocks and hiked. It got hot enough in the afternoon that we got in the so-cold-your-feet-go-numb water.
My new favorite wildflower the firewheel.
Our room. I posted this picture so there was proof that I did my hair at least once.
We went sailing! it was super fun.
The boat really tiltss when the wind hits the sail sideways. that was the funnest part.
We did a canopy (zip line tour). It was pretty tame, but heights don't scare me when I'm so securely fastened to huge wires and trees.
The Texas capitol building.
This picture is cool because it looks like we're leaning. We needed to try a new pose and it just so happened that James had the camera tilted just right.
It took us two and a half days to start missing our kids, but we still had one more night. I was getting very impatient to hold my babies by the end of it. It was good to break. It made me remember not to take them for granted. I don't quite feel complete when they aren't close by.

3 comments:
Great pictures! I'm so glad you could get away and I could tend your little darlings! I loved it!
Thanks for taking us along on your vacation. That's my first trip to Austin.
Awesome. I'll have to hire mom sometime too! The boat looks like so much fun. What a great opportunity.
Post a Comment