Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Years Resolution-- still resolute



Order Now


For the past couple months we've been eating a lot better. Thanks to Groupon. There was a coupon for TheFresh20.com  It's a weekly meal plan. It includes a shopping list and menu for 5 dinners every week. I decided to get it because they have a gluten free menu (I don't feed Dean or Jane gluten). The dinners are super healthy and made with almost entirely fresh food -- vegetables in season and all that. Cooking from scratch takes forever (an hour or two a day for me, but I'm slow). I've found that I don't really mind. Chopping vegetables is sort of fun. The food is awesome and wholesome and I have to use NO brain cells planning, choosing dinners, balancing nutrients, counting calories, finding new recipes, etc. I don't even have to make a grocery list! I'm pretty proud of myself for actually making an improvement in my homemaking performance. We are all really enjoying it. (besides Dean, he's never been into food and this meal plan hasn't changed that.)


We put a chin up bar in our kitchen (naturally). James has gone from a 5 rep dead-hang pull up max to 9 reps! I've been working on my grip strength and muscle-ups. Now we have a set of gymnastic rings that hang from the bar. The rings are a present from James for our anniversary (isn't he romantic?) I was thrilled. For my birthday, he gave me olympic weight lifting shoes. (see a trend?)
Women's Reebok CrossFit Lifter Shoes J85209

It's true. I really enjoy exercising. Crossfit in particular. Here's me doing push ups with 45lbs on my back:

Photo: Jenny has no problems with push ups

I'm competing in the Crossfit open for the next 5 weeks. My first competition. It's a global competition that is meant to give you an idea of where you stack up world wide. I have to do one work out a week. Based on my scores, I'll know where I stand. I'm still pretty new to this. I haven't been doing Crossfit for a year yet. This competition will a humbling experience.

Here are my favorite pictures of Dean and Jane from last month. (There are more on their blog.)




1 comments:

Anne said...

45 pounds?! You are a superwoman -in more ways than one. Thanks for being you.