Monday, February 4, 2013

White Christmases


Utah was very white for Christmas this year. We are lucky to be able to go celebrate Christmas with both families every year. This year was especially fun. We started at the Kendalls for a few days then switched to the Quincys.
We decorated graham cracker houses which is quickly becoming one of my favorite traditions. Anne is the expert, Karl is the architect, and Grant is the artist. Paul and Emily were in Houston for Christmas, so we only had a few minutes of Facetime with them.

James called his house the "crack house". He smashed up lifesavers for his chimney. 

My decorating ideas revolved around the best candies. Dinner mints, M&M's, and chocolate rocks. It was tasty.

Dean was happy to play with these cool new blocks. This tower held together much better than the ones we build at home.

We got to play in the snow!



Jane would lie like this and look bored, but it we tried to move her, she'd get mad at us.



At first Jane really hated to snow, but she came around.

Christmas Sunday! Jane's Christmas dress is hot pink and mine is brown.... okay, so I'm not very on top of things. Hopefully Jane's first pigtails made up for it.


 We got to be in South Jordan for Josh's birthday. He's older and balder than ever, but we like talking to him so much we barely notice. He can entertain us for hours talking about Crossfit, one of our favorite subjects.


 We went to a party with a bunch of my high school friends. It was really fun. I wish I'd got a picture or two. We're all so grown up now, sort of, seems like we haven't changed much either.

Kendall Christmas! this Christmas was actually on the 25th (first time since I started celebrating Christmas with them). Check out this awesome chess set. James doesn't get to play much, but from what I've seen, he's good.

My kids Love Anna's muffins.


 

We moved to the Quincy and took advantage of the fact that the house is on a hill. Just the right size of hill for a 3 yr old sledder.




Dean is lucky to have such a nice dad and grandpa because I never would have lasted out there in the cold.

Jane started making this face. It makes me happy.

 Dean was a shepherd for the family nativity. He liked the nativity alright, but he like the bell from Grandma more. Following Quincy tradition we wrote down what our gift to Christ would be this year. That is Dean writing his gift to Christ down. It looks like he was taking it seriously.

I like the Jason Quincys. Their good in UT but better in Houston. I don't think they sleep very much in Utah.







Christmas at the Quincys. It's chaotic and happy.



We visited Josh & Meg's house. They have tons of toys, so the kids were very happy.




It made Grandma happy, too.



Somehow Jessica and I were cornered for a photo shoot. I think we're hilarious, so I posted all of them.




 I love you Jessica!


I love all my family. There are a couple important announcements: Joni is engaged to Mikey, and Jack &  Steph are expecting a baby this summer. Altogether a very successful Christmas. 







1 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Such great pictures! Its like celebrating all over again!