Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Big belly, Crossfit Open, cousin play

I don't have time to unjumble all these pictures, but here's what I've got for the last couple of months:

We had the Kendalls come and visit. They helped us pain our house! My Dad was here the week before and did a bunch of house projects with us, too. It's almost like a new house. Just a little more to go.

James warming up for a Crossfit Open workout--the crossfit open is a worldwide competition involving 5 killer workouts. you post your scores and find out where you stack up. I did it last year. James is doing this year.


This is 275lbs. It was a PR (personal record) for James and it was at the end of a workout and he did it THREE times! so proud.



We decided that we needed a couple of super pregnant crossfit pictures for the sake of posterity. Dean and Jane look a lot cuter than I do, though. Yes, we are starting them young.

I have no Idea why the blogger uploads these sideways, and I don't have time to figure it out. sorry.
This is a basic kettlebell swing (that is 35 lbs if you are curious)


This is just 65#. I didn't want to freak anybody out by doing a lot of weight, but I have only cut back on my weights 10-20% overall. That means that I do quite a bit of 95# exercises, but rarely more than that.

I want to get a couple videos of things that I'm proud I can still do-- handstand push ups, pull ups, double unders(jump roping). Only time will tell if those extra 20 lbs are making me stronger overall.

These pictures are super cute--too bad they're sideways again! This is the day before our 6th Anniversary. I was 36 (and a half) weeks pregnant. 3/21/2014

All the exercise has made this pregnancy by far my easiest. We'll see how it goes and how much I can keep up after the baby.


These pictures are from Feb. 1. We walked to the park with Logan and Sydney while Jason and Nicole went on a date.




The people around us thought we were insane--4 year old twins, a two year old, a one year old, and I'm obviously pregnant again!

As a side note-- Today I am 37 weeks. We had an ultrasound last week and they estimated the baby at 7lbs 3oz. (Dean was born at the same time and he weighed 6 lbs 8 oz.) I was dialated to 1cm yesterday and the doctor didn't seem to think anything was going to happen soon. I'm actually not anxious for the baby to come. I feel pretty good overall (with the exception of a few nights where I've had insomnia). I know that things can get rough emotionally right after the baby, and I'm okay waiting a few weeks for that. The problem is that the baby is going to be HUGE if she stays in for that long. I don't think I'm built to handle 9.5 lbs babies!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

You are so awesome! when you have that baby you are going to be able to jump so high! Thanks for the great belly shots!

mommaquincy said...

You look awesome Jen! I'm glad you're feeling good and going strong! Congrats to James for his cross fit accomplishments as well, you guys are awesome. btw when you are coming out to UT for an extended stay I think you should fly into Denver (it's cheaper anyway) spend a week with me first then I can drive you out to Utah! just sayin'...

Anne said...

We loved our visit with you. I am amazed at the things you and James can do. Hope everything goes well for the next couple of weeks.