Our Christmas trip home is quite the whirlwind of activity for someone like me who spends most of her time alone (sort of) and at home.
We spent the first few days with the Quincy (my) side of the family. Dean got to attend his cousin Tessa's Fancy tea party. He was the only boy. He wasn't fazed by the girls, their fancy dresses, or pink table ware. He just focused on his muffin.
I have no photos of the Quincy Family Dance Dance Revolution Tournament. I was focusing on the game and had no room for thoughts about documentation. There is at least one picture out there. I remember because I WON the Standard difficulty championship. Jonathan beat me at everything else, but through some fluke I beat him once and it will go down in history. That's me, Champion. I haven't been a Champion since I was Level 6 State Gymnastics Champion in 2000.
We were able to attend the Ellis Christmas eve party/reunion.
Me and Dad.Jane was sick when we first arrived in Utah. Although she did better every day, Christmas eve she was still a little sick. Mom and Dad pulled through and held her most of the time.
Dean found Grandma Ellis's broom and made off with it. He also found her telephone and pulled it off the hook for a while.
Jess, Grandpa, and me.
Sydney was staying at Grandma Quincy's house the same time we were. It was like heaven for Dean to be in a house full of new toys and even better-- Sydney!
Jane and I are ready for Church Christmas morning.Jack and Jonathan checking out a Christmas itouch.
Cousin Elliot is going to be friends with Jane. They just don't know it yet.
Cousin Jacob is one smiley, chubby little man. Jane is only 2 months older than him.
All six of my siblings and their spouses were are my parent's house for Christmas morning. It was mayhem. We had only a few minutes to open gifts before church. I loved being with everyone. It's amazing.
Off to the Kendall's. We celebrate Christmas on the 26th with the Kendalls. Dean dressed up in his Christmas outfit from Nancy.
Jane was feeling better by the time we made it to the Kendall's house. She liked to play with Dean's toy.Dean wanted to play with Grandpa Rod's toy. I can't remember what it was called... some kind of power saw that cuts through anything.
Dean was also interested in Grandpa Rod's camera.
It's nice to know that if all of our pictures get destroyed, we'll still have a few of the kids. Rod's got it covered.
Dean calls Grandma Kendall "Ana" and he really likes it. The grandma/grandpa thing is kinda tricky.
Dean has a thing for mops and brooms. Dean was playing with one of Ana's old mops or brooms that didn't look too safe, so James decides he'd better trade Dean for something else. James grabs the nearest handle and says "Dean, don't play with that. Come play with this..." he looks down "ax."
James and I decided that we needed to come up with some good activities to do while we were hanging out with our families. We started the brainstorming via email a bit before Christmas. Anne really pulled through with graham cracker ginger bread houses. Grant's were the best. he's got some talent.
Everyone had a lot of fun with that project. I think we should make it a tradition.
Uncle Grant taught Dean a new word
We went up the canyon a bit and stopped at a park. There was a little snow that I showed Dean how to kick. He didn't seem to notice that it was freezing. I wanted to hang out next to our propane powered smokeless fire, but Dean wanted to run all over that mountain.
Paul is an excellent hot dog and marshmallow cooker.I'm not mad. I swear.
Grant managed to put Jane to sleep out in the freezing Utah mountains. Jane was wearing several layers of clothing, but only two socks. Anne solved the problem with an extra pair of mittens.
The Kendall's were extremely accommodating. They put their thermostat way up in Houston range, made some space for Dean and Jane (including a space heater each) to sleep. Look at the mess Dean was allowed to make! it wasn't the only one.
All good things come to an end this Utah trip included. That's okay. I love coming home. I love my quiet spend-all-my-time-alone-at-home life. It's so great to visit family and it makes me appreciate my life more when I get back, too.
We were home for New Years, so we invited the Quincys over. Our wild party consisted of pizza, oreo truffles, Mario Kart (I lost a lot), puzzling (Jenny and Nicole), dishes (James), basketball game (Jason). They left at 10pm. James and I finished out 2011 watching Fruits Basket (an Anime cartoon).
Whew! that was a long post.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Holidays 2011
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Along and "awesome" post! You got some great pictures! I'm so glad you could come!
I think you look cute in all the shots! And you're kids are getting so big and still adorable!!!
Loved all the pictures. Looks like it was a constant party at the Quincy's!
Just a little disclaimer - the ax did have a cover on the head and it was behind a bookcase. It was hilarious. Every time I see an ax, I'll think of James offering to trade a broom for the ..ax!
Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I did not know you had gotten a video of Dean saying "awesome". So cute.
Loved having you.
Post a Comment