Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Odds and Ends

I was looking over pictures and realized we had some good ones from the summer that I never shared.

More inventions:



Cute little cousins:

My kids really have a thing for goggles. Dean once wore them all day at church.


Notice the double socks. Jane likes to choose her own outfits and she always wears her sunglasses upside down.


Concentration face:

Joy-in-destruction face:

Dean managed to get mascara on his eyelashes. The fact that he let me take this picture is proof of how proud he was. He almost never looks at the camera for me.

This is the July 4 Run Wild 5k. Rod and Anne were in town, so we slipped out and did the race quick in the morning before anyone noticed we were gone. We bought this picture because it has both of us together! that is about 2.5 miles in when I sped up and passed James. (I had a very enlightening moment when I made a technique adjustment, and started passing people right and left.) I PR'd my 5k at 24:31 and James came in at 24:52. It was fun.

I did a little Crossfit competition at my gym in June. It was called the Row Down and I did pretty well. I made it through the first cut-- you had to be in the top ten to move on after the first 3 workouts. I was pleased to make it that far. The next round was a plank. they had us sit like this until the first three fell. I didn't make it. Planks are not my best. I held it for 2 min with 25lbs on my back, and I was the second to fall. (the third girl fell at 4 min! I didn't have a chance.)


2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Great pictures! Those cute kids are such characters! Nice job on the race and those muscles in your shoulders are impressive!

Anne said...

Great pictures and video clips. Thanks for posting