Tuesday, October 15, 2013

We live!

The big news is that we are pregnant again! Due April 15. I'm 14 weeks now and feeling a little better-- though I desperately want a nap most afternoons. I'm getting very chubby very fast this go. I've only gained 2 pounds, but my tummy pokes way out. I'm wearing my fat clothes already. It doesn't bother me much.. I know it only gets worse. I'll be thrilled to look like this next year this time.

On a note of lesser importance, but still fun for me. I've started coaching Crossfit at H-town where I've been working out for a year and a half. I love it! James is crossfitting, too. He likes it. He is often saying, "My goal is to stay stronger than Jenny on an absolute basis." I'll have to get a lot stronger to challenge him there. I'm better than he is, and it is nice to be best at something.

You can skip this paragraph-- On exercise this pregnancy: I haven't slown down a lot. Right at first my heart rate was out of control, so I sometimes had to tone it back from where I would have, but after a couple months that faded. I did over do it one workout. It took me a while to recover/ cool down immediately after. I think that I need a little more rest to recover pregnant, but I don't know if that is because of the pregnancy or the fact that my diet wasn't as good. Right now (14 weeks) my endurance is better than ever, but my strength has gone down a bit. I only notice it on the heaviest weights. When I do cleans at weightlifting I have to do 105lbs when I would have done 115 before. I expect that to continually decline as I progress. Of course, I'll have to start modifying in a couple months. I don't know how long I'll be able to do impact.

James has a big new calling--second counselor in the bishopric. It hasn't been too bad so far. he's just gone a lot on Sundays. He definitely prefers it to elder's quorum president. A lot of that is that he just doesn't feel ultimately responsible. In wards like ours, there is an impossible amount of work that needs to be done and leaders have to choose where to spend their time. As EQ president he always stressed that he wasn't doing enough. In the bishopric, he just does as asked and doesn't worry.

I haven't taken very many pictures the last couple months. In Aug. James got fancy and turned the camera off auto focus. Since focusing is far beyond my skill, all of the pictures are totally fuzzy. These are the ones we managed for Sept:

 Naps have been a struggle since we gave up pacifiers. Dean doesn't usually need one, but Jane ends up sleep deprived. This was one sleepy afternoon where they wouldn't sleep in their beds, but couldn't quite manage it all day.



I'm not actually sure what is on their faces... I just wonder why Dean is so proud of stuff on his face. He was the same when he managed to get my make up too.


Here's a video overload on my Youtube channel.
 http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLllcQmFYzKusJHYA_Harow
These Date back to April (potty training), May (Jane's birthday), through this week. If you were only going to watch one or two. I recommend the dancing (103 0095). The most recent invention (103 0105). or the growling (103 0104)



5 comments:

Mary said...

Congrats Jenny! You and James make such beautiful kids, I can hardly wait to see pictures of number three! Min is also 2nd counselor in our bishopric and I agree, it's not as bad as we expected...yet.

mommaquincy said...

Yeah Videos! A very informative post! My goodness Jane's hair is so adorable in ringlets! That is so sweet! I think you need to take a pregnancy picture quick!

Ambs said...

Wonderful news Jenny!! I'm so excited to see number 3 too! Gosh I would love to come down and visit you some time... I miss my twousin so so much. Now get some rest mama!

Kristin said...

Congrats on your third, I am due a day later. Though I yours will beat mine by more than a day. Way to go on your running and cross fitting. Sounds like life is going well.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Congrats! Glad to know you're doing well Jenny. I've thought of you frequently in the past few months and wish we could have a heart to heart.