Monday, November 10, 2008

James describes our FL road trip


We had an awesome weekend in our sweet Honda Ridgeline. Pretty much the whole weekend in fact. We left town for Pensacola, FL, Friday afternoon at one thirty. Our plan was to be happily asleep in our La Quinta hotel room by 10 pm. Five traffic jams and 11 hours later we limped into our room. Tight muscles from sitting so long, you see. Sunday was occupied with the return trip, and tightly sandwiched in beetween we managed to go to one of my best high school friend's wedding. I could use many more words to describe this fantastic event, but today I want to focus on the 9 course traditional Chinese meal we had. I documented the whole thing very carefully, because I know most will never have this divine experience.

1. Shark's Fin Soup2. Dragon and Phoenix Plate
3. Crystal Shrimp
4. Beef with Snow Peas
5. Seafood Combo
6. Peking Duck
7. Four-Happiness Meatballs
8. Chicken Fried Rice
9. Dessert Soup
As I said, it was awesome. Jenny would like me to note that we shared most of these dishes. By some miracle I didn't stuff myself to the point of sickness. We are fairly certain the punch was alcohol free.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

What loyal friends! An 11 hour drive is no trifle. At least you were re-paid with that spectacular meal, looks delicious!! Well, except for maybe the shark fin soup... :)

mommaquincy said...

Not your traditional Morman wedding! I'm sorry that the traffic was soo bad! At least you had great friends for company! The dessert soup looks very intriguing.

Jenny Kendall said...

I think it's funny that of everything we saw, all James wants to talk about is the food. Men!

Joni's Crazy Life's Adventures said...

wow that is quite the meal....

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

You have me so jealous right now! That look so good that I'm getting hungry again.