Monday, December 8, 2008

Church in the Melbourne ward

James and I have been in the Melbourne ward for almost 9 months now. It is unlike any other ward I've been in. We love it. James has been serving as Executive Secretary and doing a marvelous job. He's also been trying to pick up some of the slack because we don't have a membership clerk besides going through all of the binders and files and mess in the clerks office to reorganize, consolidate, and shred. Things look better in there all of the time. It is more like a big ward junk room than a clerks office, but we're working on it. There's James and I after church one Sunday in the office. We even tried to clean it (which might never have been done in it's fifty years of existence). We went through a lot of paper towels.
Yesterday James was sustained to be the new elders quorum president. The previous one (and his wife, the relief society pres.) are on their way to Switzerland. He's kinda excited because his presence is no longer required at the early meeting on Sunday morning.
I have been the young women's first counselor and I'm really enjoying it. Here's a few of my girls (Georgina, Mariel, and Carrie). They are all stellar!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love Young Womens. Did you ever think that you're in there because you're going to have girls just like me?? just a thought.
Also, is James released as the executive secretary? I would sure think so. Elder's Quorum pres is a BIG job. Dan's 1st counselor here... so pretty much we're the same.

mommaquincy said...

How are they going to survive without James in that office? Congratulations on the new calling James, I'm sure that you will do a great job! Jenny you look like you are one of the Young Women!

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I'm glad you both didn't replace the leaving couple. Two big callings in one couple would be insane!