Tuesday, December 9, 2008

washer and dryer


What a beautiful sight! It is wonderful to have my own washer and dryer. Yay for Black Friday sales!
As you can see, our washroom is pretty small. The delivery guy didn't want to do it. He tried to tell me it was too small. Then he said that they would try to install it, but he wasn't going to be responsible for damages. Several phone calls later (I even brought the on site builder over), they installed them. I just kept telling people (mostly his managers) "If it was easy, I'd do it myself. That is why I brought the professionals in." and "If you aren't going to be responsible for claims in small washrooms, then you should say that before we pay you to come and deliver. It's not fair to me as a customer." and "It's been done. There are washers and dryers in the other units." I think I even managed to do it all without getting frustrated or mad or mean. Pretty big accomplishment I think I'm better face to face than on the phone, where I've been frustrated, mad, and mean to unhelpful customer service people. One step at a time.

4 comments:

Joni's Crazy Life's Adventures said...

that is quite the acomplishment i am so totally proud of you i couldn't do it!

mommaquincy said...

Way to go Jenny! They look awesome! And is that laundry I see in there? Keep us updated on the interviewing!

Jessica said...

Oh happy day!!! I think that having your own laundry in your home is one of the keys to happiness.

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

That looks great! Someday... maybe I will have my own, too.