Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Haircut


So I haven't decided to make a career out of it, but I cut my own hair today. This idea dawned on me as I was shopping for new clippers for James. We save tons of money because I cut his hair... so I got to thinking...my haircuts are even more expensive than James! I could buy myself some nice scissors and start saving money that way. I hate paying $30 for a crappy hair cut, and I hate paying $70 for a good one. The haircut I gave myself was probably great clips level only worse. You may or may not be able to tell, but it isn't symmetrical. I could see the right side better than the left side. I didn't want to buy any scissors until I knew I could cut my own hair, so I used some rather dull scissors. I am not sure whether cutting my own hair is a good idea going forward, but I think it was successful this time. The goal was to look older. My trendy A-line could have contributed to the reasons why everyone thinks I'm 14. Now I have a crappy conservative cut. It has got to help. I think I will get better with practice if I start to cut my own hair.... what do you think?The hair studio

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! I think you did a great job, especially considering the dull scissors. As far as looking older it's a good thought to get away from the A line but honestly... I think that you will have to stop shopping in the junior's department (if you haven't already) to complete your mature mean teacher look. :) That's what you get for being so petite and skinny!

mommaquincy said...

You definitely did a great job! I'm thinking that the best way to look older is to gain 30 pounds. I wouldn't recommend doing that though. You are cute just the way you are and will make a great teacher. Someone will realize that. I dreamed that I came and talked to the private school and told them what a brilliant, caring teacher you would make. Do you want me to come down there?

Karen said...

ok Jenny, if you did that yourself, you are gret!! I cut spencer and brad's hair so I feel justified in spending enough to get a decent cut on myself. I definately couldn't do that good of a job on myself. bangs are about my limit! Spencer said it was nice to get to visit with you guys at christmas!

Valli & Coleman McVea said...

You don't have to think twice about doing your own hair, it looks great!