James and I were cleaning the clerks office and I found a box of 8" squares. They looked like upholstery samples. I took a bunch of them home because they had obviously been sitting under the desk for years. I had to do something with them, so I resolved to make a rug. After cutting them all up and weaving them onto my makeshift loom, we decided that it looked too good to get stuck on the floor. I made it into wall art.
I still needed a rug and my young women have been learning to knit, so I decided to knit a rug. I bought some clearance fabric and started knitting. I think it looks pretty bad...like it was my first try at knitting. It might look bad, but it is super cushy and nice to stand on. Way better than the tile!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
getting crafty
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 7:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Pretty cool stuff. I didn't imagine the wall hanging as being quite so big! The knitted rug does look really nice to stand on. Do you have it next to the sink in the kitchen?
Good work Jen, you have so many talents! I love your "wall art" but want to see it on the wall... where are you going to put it? Way to be frugal/industrious!
I am completely impressed right now! Even with your rug. :)
Post a Comment