I'm really excited about my new job. I work for PC Kidz teaching computers to day care children. It is really low key. I only work three mornings a week....and it appears that I'll only work a couple hours each morning. Luckily I don't get paid by the hour :) I'm a contracted teacher, and I make half of tuition....so as long as enrollment is up, I make enough money to make it worthwhile. Although this is not the high school math teaching position I thought I wanted, I am really going to enjoy it. This job popped up when I needed to start something and it all came together nicely for me, my supervisor (who I am going to love working with), and the really sweet lady who is quitting. I know it is where I'm supposed to be. Plus the kids are super adorable and I can apply all of the teaching things I've been learning for the last 6 months. I've been going crazy getting everything together--getting into daycare is rough. CPR, fingerprint, background check, TB test, etc. and I'm doing it all in a couple days! I guess it's nice to be busy for a change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Welcome to Daycare!!! It has it's ups and downs but is never boring.
I'm excited to hear about all of the cute kids and the fun things they will do and say! This is just going to make your own children more nerdy than ever you know. 2 brilliant parents and computer lessons from birth!
Yay! I'm so happy you got a job! I think that wouls be so fun. Good luck on getting things ready.
Heh. When I started my job last month I had to have a TB test. I mentioned that I had been to Africa recently, and the lab tech got a concerned look on his face and made a note of it. I don't think I came out positive, though.
I'm so excited for you! I hope the job continues to rock. Is it all year round or does it have a break in the summer?
Well, it may not be the job you anticipated, but i could be better! I'm guessing you probably don't don't have to deal with one of the worst aspects of teaching: grades. I hate them!
When do you actually start with the kids?
Post a Comment