Friday, February 20, 2009

Sweet Souvenirs and a ridiculous day


This is our living room. The paintings are the latest addition. Please excuse the clutter...I've been busier than usual this week. James and I went on a cruise on our honeymoon. One of our favorite parts were the art auctions. We ended up buying a couple pieces by Igor Medvedev, a young artist specializing in serigraphy. For Christmas we got them framed and now we finally have them up on the wall. I think they look beautiful. I also think they make really awesome souvenirs.

Wednesday was planned to be a very busy day because I needed to finish everything in my day care papers. I was going to start at 8am and end at 10pm. A long day for someone accustomed to little or no schedule. Little did I know just how wild the day was going to be. The day started with a pretty decent rain storm and I drove out to Baytown. I don't have a map for Baytown, but the address I had was simple....WRONG! I got lost, or rather, I couldn't find where I was going. I did make it to the day care for training, and I was barely ruffled (I'd left 20 min. early just in case some such complication arose). After training I ran home...TB test results, but I realized that my phone was dead. 1 phone call after a whole night of charging and it nolonger could make a phone call. I stopped by Sprint, they gave me a new battery to try. The thing with new batteries...they aren't charged. It got 10min of charging on the way to my psychiatrist appt. Where I managed to lock my keys in my car. Oops! I didn't realize until after the appt. You can imagine... I might have one phone call, my keys are in my car, and I have another appt. to get fingerprinted in 30 min. I managed to steal some internet from the office near by and discover a bus that could solve my problem. I underestimated the time it would take to walk, so I missed the bus and retreated to Borders. I had my laptop and I can sort of charge my phone with my lap top, so I plugged in and called Mom. She's a lot smarter then me and says "call Nicole". That's when I say "Idiot! Of course". Nicole is a hero, she rescued me from Borders and got me to the fingerprinting office. Afterwards I was to hang out until James could get me afterwork to go to my CPR session. I sat there messing arround on my laptop, so it kept my phone charged enough to recieve a call from James, I notice the "s" key is sticking. I had heard that the keys just pop off, so I thought I might be able to fix it. WRONG. I popped the key off, but broke it in the process. I believe my thoughts at the time consisted of...this is getting ridiculous... haha... unbelievable. That was the end of my mishaps that day. James came by and I made it to CPR (a little late) and we even finished early. I was exhausted. In the end it wasn't so bad. I made it to all of my appointments. My new phone battery is doing better. Turns out that I don't really need an "s" key because James has a keyboard that can plug into my laptop and PC Kidz just gave me a Keyboard they want me to use for class.

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Sounds like the no good, very bad, horrible day of Alexander's. Must be good preparation for preschool!

mommaquincy said...

Oh and I think your pictures turned out great! You're right, they are a wonderful souvenir and look great on your walls!

Jessica said...

HOLY MOLLY, that's a crazy day! Someone had it in for you I think. Maybe all this adversity means your job is going to be really great! I like your pictures too.

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

Love the pictures!