
So I had a very fortunate (and unfortunate) experience yesterday. I went to meet my boss at the usual place about 30 miles out of Houston. I was low on Fuel so I filled up before making the return trip. I am incredibly grateful that I noticed it (good news), the nail in my right rear tire (bad news), before making the long trip home. It wasn't very long ago that I had a similar nail in that very tire, but had to miss work because it leaked all the air out overnight. I asked the people in the gas station if there was a tire place nearby. Someone knew of a Discount Tire not more than 2 blocks away (good news). I made it to the discount tire and the mechanic informed me that the tire couldn't be patched because the nail wasn't in the treads (bad news), but they had the exact tire in stock (good news) and because I didn't have very many miles on the tires I need only replace the one (good news). Unfortunately my car is a little bit sporty and it must have high performance tires because the tire was quite a bit (bad news). They were able to fix me up in less than an hour (good news) and I got home none the worse for the wear. I obviously have mixed feelings. Who wants to find a nail in their tire? I'm just very glad that I didn't have to deal with it when it was all deflated or a blow out or anything more dramatic.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
The good news and the bad news
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I laughed really hard at this. You inspired me to write a post on "our" (Emily's) blog. I too have suffered at the wrath of the modern auto car. Paul
I wondered what happened with the nail in the tire! No 5 minute fix. I hope that's the last nail you find in a tire for a few years!
Yucky! I'm glad you caught it before you took the freeway!
Glad you could see the positive (good) in your situation. Have a great day, whatever it might bring.
Post a Comment