When I was a teenager my YW group and Dad made sure I knew how to do essential car things like putting air in a tire, checking the oil, and putting on the spare. In spite of the many times someone has performed the feat in front of me, yesterday when I was faced with the necessity of understanding, I lacked confidence. It's like when you can't remember someone's name because you never use it.
Luckily my flat was in the garage... not on the side of the freeway, so I had the trusty internet to guide me... which it did... to the user manual. My car has a designated jack spot. Very cool. I sucessfully put on the spare and drove to the tire place where they removed the nail and fixed me up. Today I get to make up the work I missed and next time I am called upon to change a tire, I will do so with confidence. We'll have to wait for more emergencies before I actually learn how to put air in my tires and check the oil because I have not learned my lesson and will not teach myself to do these other essential car care things unless forced.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Flat tire
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 1:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm proud of you Jen! Your Dad is proud of you,too! I wouldn't worry about the oil changes until Jiffy Lube shuts down! Hope you have a great week-end and get to enjoy lots of conference!
Spencer used to make me change the once every year just so he was confident I could do it if I had to. I haven't done it for a while. might be time again. Good for you!!
Post a Comment