Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Improvements



We've spent the last two evenings installing a ceiling fan. I pity the person who tries to install a fan who doesn't know the difference between wood screws and metal screws, have an electrician to call, and enough confidence to trash the directions and figure it out. It took all of the above and we enjoyed it.

We recently purchased a recliner. I felt it was a necessary baby item, probably because of Mom's brown chair. It was the only one that both James and I found comfortable, so we bought it. I plan on it seeing many years of use. Not sure about black leather... do I need to do anything special to it?

The living Room-- yes we know our furniture doesn't match. I'm beginning to doubt we will EVER care enough to spend the thousands of dollars it would take to undo the present modge-podge. Once you get used to it, it really isn't that bad.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I think it looks great! I think that it all ties together beautifully! Great work on the installation! And I'm pretty sure that black leather should handle anything!

Karen said...

we have celing fans in EVERY room. It cuts WAY down on the power bill because you feel much cooler with the fan blowing on you. Good job!