Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random sampler

Here's a bunch of pictures. First is my very pregnant self (22 weeks) modeling my latest sewing project. It would seem that the baby has no more space to grow up in my tummy and will, from now on, be growing straight out. Strange hairdo? that is exactly how my hair dries if, for example, I needed to take a cold shower after spending too much time outside in Houston's summer weather and then sat underneath one of our lovely ceiling fans running on high until it dried.


Surprise!! The next few pictures are actually from our Honeymoon! We got one of those disposable water cameras but never finished the film until Lake Powell. These pictures are of us doing the beginning scuba adventure at the Cayman Islands (unfortunately all of the coral was long since dead.)
Me in front of the cruise ship. It was a really fun trip.
James. When I saw this picture I thought he looked really young. Maybe we have changed in the past year ;)
Now, on to Lake Powell. Here's James after wake boarding:
Paul, Emily and Grant
Grant, Rod, and James playing balance-on-the-kneeboard
Anne, plus me back on the rocks.
James and me.
Swimming is fun!

Other things James and I are excited about:

  • our new budget (making room for baby) and YES we do like budgeting
  • I'm determined to be a smarter grocery shopper. You should've seen me running around Kroger with my clipboard jotting down prices.
  • I'm more or less addicted to checking the baby section on Craigslist. So far I have a lovely Graco baby swing.
  • We finished our first framing project together. I cut the mats; James put the frame together. It was fun.
  • Paul and Emily are coming to town soon for Paul's Co-op with Exxon.
  • James is making shelves in the garage. Three cheers for James!
  • We put 2 ceiling fans in the 2 bedrooms and have since left the house temperature up 1 degree :)
  • James has been exercising during his lunches for the last 2 months without missing a single day!
Life is good for the Kendalls.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I think that your hair turns out pretty awesome with the fans drying it. The dress is really nice! Good work. The pictures from your honeymoon and from Lake Powell look great. Makes me want to jump in a lake.

mommaquincy said...

PS. James still looks young. Look at the Lake Powell pictures!

Joni's Crazy Life's Adventures said...

oh your so cute pregnant! and i only wish i had your sewing skills that was cute, oh and i am extreamely jealous of how on top of it you guys are! i can't wait to see you i was really sad you were so close yet i didn't even get to hug your when you went to lake powell but i am saving up plenty of pregnant jenny hugs for when i get to see you! i love and miss you so much sis! and am extreamely happy to see you doing so good!