Sunday, June 14, 2009

James birthday

James is a whopping 26 years old as of Thurs (6/11). I'm a bit of a failure since I didn't manage to get any pictures of him. I didn't even put candles in his cake!! James decided that he wanted a heart rate monitor for his birthday (you know the kind that exercising people use when they are training for long distance races). Thankfully I didn't try and surprise him because I never would have guessed that. Inspired by James new lunchtime exercise with his friend Mark, we've purchased the heart rate monitor, a scale, some very overdue new tennis shoes for James and body calipers this week. He's spent the week very sore. I'm proud of him. Happy birthday James!
The scale was also for me since my doctor told me I needed one. She was truly baffled that I didn't know what my pre-pregnancy weight was. I can't see how it matters that much, but she's worried about me gaining enough weight.
James is really good at just about everything he does. He's doing a good job and enjoying work. He's starting a new project with a new team that he's really excited about. It's a lot bigger than his past projects. More important to me, he's a very good husband. We were talking yesterday about how marriage is "hard". (At least we think it is, for other people). For us it has been pretty easy. In large part due to James very unselfish nature and another large part due to our mutual dedication to the gospel and most largely due to blessings from heaven. Of all people, I ought to know that good times are gifts and bad times do not necessarily spawn from bad behavior. We know that our lives are very good, and we try to appreciate it like we should. I love you James!

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I think that James is awesome! Wow! Are we going to recognize him in July? I am proud of both of you! I imagine you baby is going to be amazing,too!

Jessica said...

Did you get the weighted scale of craig's list? I think my desire to try out your calipers may be a stronger pull to get me out to Houston than your bun in the oven. I've always wanted to do that. :) Maybe James will start distance running with his new HRM. I totally recommend it.