Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Quincy Family Reunion

I was thinking to myself... maybe I don't need to post about this. At least half of the people who read my blog were there. But... My blog is also sort of my public journal and this is the most exciting thing we've done in a long time, so I decided to post. We have tons of pictures:


the Family right before we split up for home. Dad was sneezing for the pic.



The early morning hike. (James Idea). I tagged along because they assured me that I didn't need to be too hard core to survive. I definitely slowed them up a bit (3.5 months pregnant and almost 10,000 ft. above Houston, not to mention that I'm way out of shape) It was really fun to spend some time in the mountains. Don't do much of that in Houston.:) Notice the Elk on our trail. Estes Park is full of elk.




















We went on a couple short hikes with the whole fam the day before the long hike:

Sophie was working hard.






Nicole and I didn't realize we were going to be hiking on ice. Hard to think of things like snow and ice in May after you've lived in Houston for a few years.

Tessa is a really good hiker. She loves looking around at things or listening to flowing water. when that wasn't enough, she just started sucking on the padded bar in her seat to help those teeth come in.

We had a little playground at our condos (thanks Mom and Dad for the condos!). Sophie liked to go there and play several times a day. We had a good time.



We went to a little place with minigolf, gocarts, and a big slide. It was fun to hang out with everyone.
Sophie shared a room with James and I. I really liked it because I like to get up and play with her in the mornings anyway. She got us up at about 5:30 every morning. Grandma was always shortly behind. Sophie is in a really good mood when she first gets up. She likes to say funny things and laugh loudly.

So there you have it. We managed to take almost all of the pictures before anyone did their hair. It makes it seem more like we were camping. You'll have to go to Quiver full of Quincy's (Mom's blog) to see the pics of the girly shopping trip, our fun at the park, and a few of the family pictures we took.
Our family is getting really big, so it was super cool to have everyone together. By the time we have our reunion next year, there will be at least 2 additions (baby Kendall, and baby Jason Quincy). I love my family.

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Thanks! That was the trip from a totally different perspective with totally different pictures. I hope everyone posts their's. I think that besides the sneeze the family picture turned out great!

Erika Ellis said...

thanks for posting...for those of us that didn't get to go on that fun trip! It looks awesome. I wish my kids parents would take them somewhere cool like that!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

So cute Jenny. You're family is so much fun. I hope your pregnancy is going well.
-Em