I took Dean to his 6 wk appt at the pediatricians today. Dean has been growing, indeed, it is a common theme on this blog. check this out:
Dean at birth weighed 6 lbs, 9oz. 6 wks-- 10lbs, 6 oz !!! that's moved him from the 10% to 50% in average weight of children his age.
Dean was 19 in at birth. 6 wks-- 21 3/4 in!! that moved him from 25% to 50% in height.
I can't remember what his head circumference measurements were, but he was really small (maybe 5% at birth and is now 10%).
The doctor was very impressed and kept saying this like "his brain has been growing!" and "he's been on a growth spurt!"
I'm glad that Dean has caught up with the norms, but I'd be okay if his "growth spurt" slowed down to a more normal pace. I want him to stay healthy, but I'm not in a rush for him to get big.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Sorry, Mom, no picture
Posted by Jenny Kendall at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He is getting bigger but the best part is that he is cute! See you soon.
You are going to have biceps of iron carrying that boy around! He'll help James with his quest for being ripped!
Post a Comment