Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A SOLUTION!

First off, I would like to apologize to the casual follower of Kendall Times. You may have given up on knowing anything about us since such posts are hidden among millions of pictures of Dean. If you find yourself thinking "too much Dean is impossible", don't fret. I have created a new blog Kendallkidz.blogspot.com for you. Of course there will be a link on this blog on the right; just click on "Dean Fans Only". I intend to post pictures and videos of Dean without hesitation as often as I can. This blog will continue in it's previous function as a journal for the whole family.

On that note, I want to share two stories I hope not to forget. Both happened shortly after we brought Dean home:

If you have never spent all day talking to a very young baby, it might be hard for you to understand how baby-talk just weasels it's way in. Before I had a baby, baby-talk drove me a little crazy. As if the baby cares! I can't say that it doesn't annoy me now, but I've joined everyone else. After a few days alone with Dean, James and I had a delicious dinner (thanks Emily). Afterward, James let out a nice loud burp. I almost slipped a "Good Job!". We laughed a good long time and I haven't ceased to tell Dean "Good Job!" whenever he burps.

One evening Dean was a little impatient for his bottle and crying to hurry us along. James said to Dean, "stop being such a baby." I said to James, "I think you have unrealistic expectations of our son."

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I think that Dean is going to be another James! Hopefully he'll stay tiny and all for quite a while first!

Stephen Stacey said...

You two are fun. Just wait until Dean starts talking. You'll wonder whether he gets more words from you or you from him as you start calling things by their "cute baby names" without even realizing that's what you're doing.

Chapples said...

those are adorable memories! Thanks for sharing them!

Manda said...

I love your idea of starting another baby-specific blog. I'm thinking I might copy your idea, and I don't even have a baby yet!

Jessica said...

Great idea with the separate blog! I am adding it to my reader now.
You and James make me laugh.

Jared W. said...

I think it is good for James to have such high expectations. Your kid is going to be awesome.