Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Too much Sleep.


We have a new record. Dean slept for 7 hours uninterrupted last night... (Wait, it gets better) ... in his own room! Hooray for Dean. We put a blanket over the windows in his room, and since then he's slept good in his crib. It's possible that Dean is the easiest baby ever born. He started sleeping through the night (9pm-2am) on his own a few weeks ago, and it appears he'll start sleeping even longer.

This calls for a change in lifestyle. James and I have been going to bed at 8 and 9, respectively. It was the right thing to do, since we spent a significant amount of time up with Dean in the middle of the night. The problem is that now I'm sleeping too much. (yeah, didn't see that coming). For example, last night I got up to feed Dean at 4am, having slept well over 6 hrs. I was a little tired but fine. I put Dean back to sleep at 5am. This is when I should hop on the treadmill, but everyone is asleep, it's dark, my bed is warm and inviting... so I go back to sleep. Then I sleep until 8am and more because Dean woke up but just wanted to snuggle. I need some motivation to get up before Dean. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I have a hard time getting up any earlier than I have to. I really need a schedule to do it. You may be able to schedule if Dean keeps being consistant. He looks very cute sleeping!

Teandra said...

That's funny b/c I just read in D&C about "do not get more sleep then is needed."

Anne said...

Sleep is good. If you are sleeping, you probably need it.

Great picture.

StephenEmily Stacey said...

This is such a cute picture.

Get sleep while you can.

That said, also get a scheduled exercise time. Seriously, it revolutionized my life when I started exercising again after Ella was born.

Ashley Bybee Stepp said...

I'd say switch off. Sleep one morning and work out the next. Then, you get exercise and extra sleep. :)

mommaquincy said...

Are you still sleeping?, cause I haven't seen any new pictures for too long!! Wake up!